True North Power
Hybrid Power Systems
A full system hybrid energy system has wind and solar collectors that feed energy to controllers that then store it in a battery pack or feed it directly to the grid.
The WIND ARROW Controller has a rectifier that converts “Wild AC” power from the turbine into DC (direct current) power for the Battery Bank. Batteries are like a gas tank. They store and serve electricity when needed.The inverter is the "engine" for the system and will take DC power from the batteries and convert it to 120 volt AC (alternating current) to run your appliances and other home loads. The turbine controller may also have a Load Diversion Regulator (LDR) that handles any excess energy collected that cannot be stored or used safely and diverts it to a resistive load to be dissipated.
When Solar PV panels are part of the system a different and usually separate Solar Charge Controller will control the energy coming from the panels to the battery bank.
ARROW 1kW Wind Generator
Canadian Designed and Built.
- AFCTM "Active Flight Control" power management
- No Mechanical furl needed
- "Storm Otto-Shutdown" SOS Mode
- Microprocessor Control
- 24v or 48v System voltage
- 2.0m Diameter Carbon Fiber Blades
- 3.14 SqM Cross-Section
- Rated 900w@25mph Standard Blades
- Rated 1kW@25mph with Advanced blades
- Direct to HEAT (D2H) model Also
- Adjustable Pitch Blades
- Stainless Hardware
- Hard Anodized Aluminum Body
- Cross compatible hardware
Patents applied for.
For more information, contact
True North Power directly...
53 Northumberland St
Ayr ON N0B 1E0
(519) 632-8830 M-F 8-5